Friday, September 19, 2008

Viruses and Bacteria!

http://www.cellsalive.com/phage.htm

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eww. That's really nasty. You told us about this last year in Room 5. The pictures and short videos at this website are high quality. It may be gross how your bacterial fungus could get a virus in it!

Anonymous said...

Let me re-phrase that. It IS gross and scary because sooner or later that cell is going to burst from all the little viruses. Which makes you get sick. :(

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome article! It is odd that the T4 bacteriophage is shaped like an alien landing pod. It's cool that once the bacteriophage injects DNA into the bacterium, the DNA makes masses of new viruses! I can't believe after that, the E. coli bursts! but it isn't very good because when this process happens, you get sick.

Anonymous said...

I also agree with Daniel. I also think it is odd that the T4 bacteriophage is shaped like an alien landing pod. It is also eww that when the bacteriophage injects is "mutated" DNA into the bacterium, it makes a bunch of viruses just like it. I know it isn't really mutated, but I couldn't find another word for it. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Whoops! I accidently posted twice! Sorry! I don't know how to delete them either so... Sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

That article wasn't very good. I mean, we learned about all that last year, but to anyone who didn't, it would be really vague. I am easily confused, yet that article was too simple for me. Please, add some detail!!!!!!!!! the concept was interesting, but it was still vague, and also too short. what exactly is an E. coli? what does T4 stand for, if anything? how fast can it wipe out an e. coli? questions, questions, with no answers in sight.

Anonymous said...

Weird! I posted 5 times. I think that anyone who thinks this is interesting is thinking just like me. I think this website was full of detail and I loved re-learning about bacteriophage. I think the cell looked like a dirt flavored jellybean. And that jellybean was disgusting. :( I am now a resident blogger!!

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting, and sickening at the same time. Who knew that T4 bacteriophage could wipe out E. Coli so well. The only bad part of that is once it bursts, we become very sick. I knew someone who had E. Coli, and they almost died. Did you know that E. Coli is caused by Eating undercooked beef? And the effects start 7 days after being diagnosed

Anonymous said...

AGHHH! I really like the idea of this article but this is really creepy because I have a little case of the cold that's been hanging around for a while and I wonder what's going on inside of me. Let me try that again. I DON'T WANT TO WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON INSIDE OF ME BECAUSE IT IS PROBABLY WEIRD AND GROSS LOOKING. FYI I don't normally chicken like this but whatever, I hate bacteria!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting how the bacteria explode!!!